/yah/ - Beatani

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
Flag
File
Password (For file deletion.)

File: 1628362964303.png (2.9 MB, 1109x1435, 1628291041069.png)

No.111[View All]

This is a dedicated thread for discussion of the Who Is (You) Magazine. Please share any related questions, comments, concerns, feedback, submissions or whatever you like.

>Rough Timeline:

+1 Week: You announce your intent to submit content, as well as what you plan to submit, and how many pages
+5 Weeks: All primary content submissions are due
+9 Weeks: The content submissions are compiled and edited. Book preparation is completed and sent to printer.
+11 Weeks: I receive the printed book and send it to the bear.
+3 Months: Book is received by the bear.

>Contact:

WhoIsYouMagazine*Gmail*Com
74 posts and 2 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

No.207

>>205
I don't mean see the work itself, but just see the progress we have made and which ones are completed

No.208

Haikyo dude here, is 6 pages too much?

No.209

hello?

No.210

>>209
Sorry I closed the tab here by accident but I think we spoke on /yah/ and you're gonna send me an email.

No.211

>>210
Yah, just sent it

No.214

Crosspost >>10524724

>Magazine Assistance

If anyone has time over the next 5 days or so to help with a miscellaneous request, please shoot me an e-mail. Right now there is something I could use help with. For this specific request, strong English/writing background is required. Separately, I don't know how much other assistance will be needed, but if you want to help out during the next month, shoot me an e-mail with your availability and skillset (writefag, drawfag, etc). Or, I will just ask as the need for help comes up. I'd rather have too many volunteers than too few.

No.215

>>214
Someone is working on it now, thank you!

No.216

I just sent my page over email. Could you update the "Submission Received Y/N" column on the Google Sheet so I know you received it?

No.217

I sent mine just now. Letting you know here since I don't know if Google might filter my burner as spam.

No.218

just sent mine

No.220

A few emails got caught in spam and I just replied to them. If you don't have a reply from me, let me know. But I won't have time to do my spreadsheet reps until Friday/Saturday.

No.221

sent mine.

No.222

Haven't checked this thread since announcing intent and I don't have time to speedrun it but I'm gonna need a 54 hour extension buffer, though I should be done tomorrow.

No.223

>>222
OK, what is your submission orpseudonym? I will mark it down. So, October 2nd you will submit? send me an email if anything

No.225

>>223
coupons

No.226

>>222
>>223
>>225
Submitted. Everything is saved as PSD.

No.227

>Crosspost
>>10766470

>HIGHEST PRIORITY MAGAZINE UPDATE

I have finished cross referencing the original list against my email box. The following pseudonyms have NOT sent me an email with a submission or request for extension. Please contact me ASAP.

Egg Anon
Investigator Anon
Muscle Anon
Ultra Nu Anon

No.228

I think I meant Comics anon instead of Ultra Nu Anon

No.229

File: 1633236468133.png (50.79 KB, 566x842, CrossReference.png)

>Formal Magazine Update
>Crossposted from >>10772253

If you are a participant, please read this in its entirety. It will be crossposted to the dedicated thread. As I prepare to hand off work to the editor, here is where we stand today. I have completed my spreadsheet reps. I am no longer using the public spreadsheet and it has been locked to prevent confusion. I have uploaded all received submissions to a Google Drive to share with Editor chama. As of this posting, I have replied to every email that has been sent to me. If you don't have a reply, let me know

>Cross Referencing Verification

Please check picrelated that your psudeonym matches my description of your content.
>What happens over the next month
Editor does his editing stuff. I support him, and let anons know if we need additional assistance. For example, I had the writedad request from last week, and I've asked someone else if he was interested in drawing a small doodle for another submitter. If editor needs additional assets, or support from any submitters after checking your page, one of us will be in touch.

No.230

>>229
>Release Target Goal

Beatani has it in her hands before Christmas. Once Beatani receives it, we will distribute the digital version. It's the goal, not a promise. There's a ton of work that still needs to be done. Editor and I are in agreement that we want to deliver a high quality product, so we will not sacrifice to meet an arbitrary deadline. Please understand that both of us are busy with full time jobs, and we are dedicating our free time to this. I will continue to provide regular updates as they are appropriate, but I am always around if you need me.

>Physical Copies For Others

More information to come later for those who want to obtain a physical copy. The goal here is to make this possible for everyone at the cost of printing+shipping. There would only be a small (maybe 2 day window) to purchase. I don't want to get ahead of myself. But, for dads who have submitted to the magazine, cannot afford it, and would really appreciate the physical copy, I will see if we can work with you to cover the costs.

No.231

>>230
>Submissions by the numbers

Of the 32 Submissions, 21 have been received as of this posting. An additional 5 should be received within the week. I am in contact with 2 anons who may not be able to complete. 4 anons have not been in contact at all >>10766395 . They are Egg, Investigator, Muscle, and Comic (or possibly Ultra Nu) anon. These last two groups are considered "at risk" and all extensions are being handled on a case-by-case basis.

>Length and Size of the magazine

The 21 submissions received take up 3.11gb of HDD space, uncompressed. These 21 submissions received fill 38 pages. The 5 extended submissions will take up an additional ~15 pages. The 6 submissions at risk will take up anywhere from an additional ~0-12 pages. This excludes any additional pages not directly related to anon submissions, such as table of contents, custom front and rear cover art, comments sections, etc.

No.232

>>231
>Magazine Credits Needed

The following Psudeonyms should let me know how to credit them in the magazine. Please send me an e-mail. It's my mistake for not mentioning it earlier. If you do not get back to me, I will be writing to you at the email you submitted from:

4 Koma, Artwork, Dr Anon, Haikyo Anon, Lazy Anon, Lewd Anon, Lily Anon, Lipovitan Anon, Literature Anon, Music Anon, Risuna Enjoyer Anon, Scarlet Anon, Thumbnail Anon, Timeline Anon, Writing Thread Anon, Zoo Anon

Additionally, all six "at risk" submitters need to let me know how to credit them, if they complete.

No.233

>>232

>Rear Comments/Doodles Section

Editor is putting together a template for people to submit a small blurb towards the back of the magazine. We should be able to publish within maybe two days or so. You should be able to put in text / small image / combination. Think along the lines of the birthday card project, I guess. Deadline for this will be around October 16.

>For Comic/Ultra Nu Anon, Dangerous Anon, Timeline Anon ("no"), & Beatani Lover only

I wrote you all emails. Specifically, to the anon who submitted me 4 pages of 4 komas (COMICS.rar), please write me an email confirming if you are Ultra Nu Anon (or let me know the correct psudeonym), and, like it says above, let me know how you want to be credited.

No.235

>Crosspost >>10790695

My thought is to have the credits at the very end, not on the table of contents, and just have everyone listed in alphabetical order, with their submission title or pg # in brackets besides their name. Order of appearance can work too actually.

No.238

>>230
>Physical Copies For Others
What kind of price range are we looking at here?

No.241

File: 1633683196473.jpg (53.17 KB, 390x305, Screenshot_20211008-174910….jpg)

>Magazine Update
>Japan Anon
Japan Anon is being removed from the magazine. I really tried my best to save this one, even offering to complete it for him personally. But he refused to even send me what he had worked on so far. Really I'm sorry about this; it's the first submission I will be removing from the magazine.
>Muscle, Investigator
This post is your last chance as well, I guess. I'm not going to wait for people who do not have an intent on completing. It's been a week, so I think it's fair. 2359 tonight JST to get back to me.
>Egg Anon
I've asked you to email me days ago and you haven't. Thanks for replying on the thread, but please let me know what you want to do. Granted, your situation is kind of shitty. I'll give you a few days to send this email and provide update. Or update in thread.
>comic Anon
>lazydangerous Anon
Wrote you an email. your submissions are fine, just please write me back when you can.
>comments template
I still owe this to you all. My apologies, please sit tight. It's coming

No.242

>>238
I believe shipping can be anywhere from $5 to $25 and the cost of the books would be around $15-$20 in USD. Please don't quote me on the book price, but I will share more information if it is received.

No.244

>Crossposted >>11276027

>Comment Templates

https://files.catbox.moe/097f35.rar

Please leave whatever message or doodle for Beatani that you like. Text or image will work. You will follow the guidelines on picrelated. I would like to receive these back no later than two weeks from now (Oct 25 - Oct 26), but the sooner the better. Please mail your submissions to WhoIsYouMagazine*Gmail and make sure you get an email reply from me to confirm receipt. Thank You!

No.245

magazine anon I sent you an email about edits

No.246

>>245
You should have a reply from me

No.247

File: 1634229769948.png (40.71 KB, 586x635, 1634229630900.png)

I had announced my plans to share this image one more time once I thought it was essentially finalized, so here it is. Right now I am looking at 62 pages of submissions. Plus whatever else we fit in such as comments, etc. We are looking at a really nice size magazine. I'm hyped! I'll crosspost this picture to the Clover.

No.250

>>244
>personal message that will be written on the rear pages of the book, sort of like an autograph section with little messages to the reader
Similar to the Birthday card? Any examples?
And does the whole width have to be used?

No.251

>>241
Egg Anon here
everything is fucked sadly, thank (You) based organizer anon for your hard work I wish I could contribute
well… next time for sure!

I've read in a thread that you are collecting shot msgs for Bea to be posted at the end of the magazine, I would like to join in if there still is time

No.252

>>250
I'd recommend to use the whole width but if you can't, I can work with the editor.
>>251
You still have time to submit a template for comments. The due date is Oct 26, 2359 JST.

No.253

>>250
Similar to the birthday card is pretty much correct. You can write whatever you want/ make a doodle/ etc. And you can sign it however you like, or not at all.

No.254

>>252
thanks I will do that

No.258

ok gonna start my comments reps now maybe

No.259

File: 1635270989811.png (5.55 KB, 164x488, comments.png)

>Comment Template Deadline
If you do not see your name on this list and/or have not received a reply from me, please contact me ASAP. Thank You to all who submitted.

No.260

>>259
+Hernan
+Coupon

No.263

>>12374555 Crosspost
>Submission Status
As of this message, all comments and page submissions are complete. If there is any additional volunteer work to be done, I will be sure to let everyone know.

>What was done in October

October was primarily for preliminary edits, quality checks, and organization. I can gladly say that as of a few days ago, we are in a great spot here. Every late entry and this kind of thing is now accounted for, etc. Additionally, there were a handful of articles that were edited for quality, we had empty spaces removed, we had dad art added to text only submissions, etc (picrelated small teaser).

>What's next

Well, to be honest, my work as organizer is mostly complete. I'm sure there will be some various tasks for me to take care of here and there (including some distribution work in December,) and I will be here to support the whole time, of course. However, I expect the editor dad to be taking up the majority of the reins over the next week or so. He expects to finish his editing work before November comes to an end. That gives us December to make sure we can have it printed and mailed to Bea to meet her deadline and make sure all the distribution goes smoothly.

As always, I'm around to answer any questions. And I'm fucking hyped!

No.267

>Magazine

There's really no easy way to say this, so let's get right to it. It's a bit of a long post and I hated typing it. Let me say in advance I do not want to cause any drama and I will continue to try to avoid troublesome topics as much as possible. But it is my responsibility to provide clarity and answer any questions as best as I can. I've been prepared for any type of contingency since the start, and this is just one of them.

Unfortunately, the editor cannot be relied on to complete the project within the timeframe. Honestly, at this point I'm not sure he can be relied on at all. There was a period of a few days when no work got done on the magazine. I really don't want to point fingers, we just have different priorities. My priority is to deliver to you the project that we agreed on in a reasonable amount of time. I've done everything I can to remedy this situation before it came to this, but at this point I think we need to cut our losses and move on.

No.268

>What actually changes is mostly in regards to physical printing for dads, but here is the full list

>Editing

There are three amateur dads now doing the work that was supposed to go to the editor. I'm one of them. We've kind of already cut the original editor out of the picture. I don't really feel bad about this, since the only actual work he has put in has been for the blank template files that were provided to you. Later, I will have to disable his access to Google Drive on my account. The past month has been spent on editing of individual submissions, and the quality of the pages overall is very high. I think original editor could have probably delivered slightly more polish overall, but it should not be an issue. We are dedicated to bring you a high quality magazine, nothing in this regards changes.

No.269

>Cover page and rear page art

When the editor signed up to be the editor, he also asked to do the front and the rear cover art. He has not started working on anything, so we will replace him with Scarlet anon's artwork. Scarlet originally intended for the artwork to be a two page spread for the cover, but editor had already signed up. The original image does not have text on it, so it will need to be adapted with text overlay. We're working on it. It's very high quality and I have no concern here.

>Credits

As I didn't intend to put my name down as organizer anyway in the first place, organizer and editors will be anonymous in print (I had previously said I expected editor to print his name).

No.270

>Printing

This one is the big one to me honestly. Editor had offered to us essentially printing services. I cannot offer this to you. Printing a proof copy for Bea is no problem at all. Basically every site offers this option. To be clear and just to reiterate, Bea still gets her physical copy no matter what. That was the point of the project in the first place so of course it was researched in advance. At this point we are only talking about other anons in /yah/.

There is an alternate solution where I print 25 copies, get paid on PayPal, and mail them out manually. But, I see this as possibly causing more trouble than it's worth. I can't print less than 25 copies on top of proof copies (at least on all the sites I checked), and it would involve a certain level of trust with information. So, we would need both demand and trust. Additionally, the copies would not be cheap (~$20 + $5 domestic/$25 international shipping). I will need to gather feedback on this one, and possibly make a poll after gathering the feedback and giving you all time to think about this.

Printing physical copies for dads was not part of my original plan, since I just didn't think it would be worth it. It was part of the original editor's plan and was not brought up until after we had already kicked off. Not offering printing to anyone except Bea will make this easier on me and avoid potential issues, but I know it will make some people unhappy. Of course individual dads would be able to take the provided file and to get their own copy printed however they like. Please take the time to give any feedback or ask any questions that you may have, especially in relation to printing.

No.271

>>267
>>268
>>269
>>270

>Crossposted from >>13024304

No.273

>>13265006
This is a mini update to >>13024304 and I will crosspost it when completed. We are continuing along on schedule and will be completed by Nov 30th at the latest. To be honest, we are even trying to finish a few days early, and I think we will be able to. Every day counts during the holiday season after all.

I was asked recently about the poll regarding physical distribution for other dads. Let me remind everyone that this does not affect physical distribution for Beatani, nor does it affect digital distribution at all. Everyone will receive a pdf copy of the magazine for browsing (and printing themselves). I will also make sure raw assets are distributed (artworks, etc).

I'll repost this again one more time tomorrow, to pick up everyone that I can. Remember, the minimum copies (other than proof copies) from every single site I can find, is 25. With that in mind, the answer I'm most paying attention to is >Definite buy.

This poll is set up to allow multiple options, so make sure to click all that apply. If there are any questions, let me know.

http://poal.me/qlo1g4

No.274

>Crosspost >>13323908

>>13303057 (Cross-thread)

>Magazine
Last update on the printing for others. I tried to set up the poll as fairly as possible, and give everyone time to reply. In addition to not having the demand needed to fill an actual printing run of 25, just as many people have privacy considerations. It seems the thing that is of greatest importance to most people is Bea getting her copy, and being able to have their own digital copy. These are both not affected by the recent changes. I'm genuinely sorry to the people who wanted to get a physical copy from us. I certainly never intended for things to end up this way.

In the meantime, we will finish up the magazine and have it distributed as soon as possible. I hope you can all look forward to it! I'll post another update as we finish up.

No.280

File: 1638113301641.png (33.65 KB, 834x1002, bookconfirmation.png)

>Magazine
>Printing Confirmation Update
>to be crossposted to dedicated thread

As of this morning, we have placed orders with two separate services for the magazines. There were a few separate reasons that I am using two services. In the case of both services, they expect to deliver to me no later than December 8th. I would ideally have both versions in hand before sending to Bea. When I spoke to her on e-mail, she said it would be nice to have two copies anyway. We are in the home stretch now.

Please look forward to the remaining updates.
>Organizer Receives Physical Magazine
>Organizer Mails Zine to Japan
>Organizer Confirms Delivery of Zine in Japan/Bea Confirms Receipt
>Full Digital Distribution of PDF and Magazine Assets

Team made an interesting discovery yesterday, but it's hard to hint at without saying too much. We may be able to provide some good news to everyone in December. So, I hope you can look forward to that as well (or, that we can quietly let you down and hope that nobody notices!)

Lastly I'd just like to say one thing, if you'll humor me. Please direct any feelings you have of gratitude today towards the two dads who did the final lifting with editing. While I provided feedback throughout the entire process, the actual work done over the past three weeks was mostly by their dedicated hands. Literally 98% of it. I won't dwell on the negatives, but for a brief time it became a bit of an urgent situation. So lets be sure to show our sincere gratitude and appreciation to them for stepping up when it was truly needed. And let me say it myself as well in front of everyone else from me to you, thank you editor dads.

No.281

>>280
>>13737242

No.282

>>280
I might be interested in printing a batch of these mags and distributing them. Since you've already worked with the publisher and came up with proofs, can you give me the information and stuff?

[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] [Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
home / posts / live / yah