/yah/ - Beatani

Name
Email
Subject
Comment
Flag
File
Password (For file deletion.)

File: 1628362964303.png (2.9 MB, 1109x1435, 1628291041069.png)

No.111[Last 50 Posts]

This is a dedicated thread for discussion of the Who Is (You) Magazine. Please share any related questions, comments, concerns, feedback, submissions or whatever you like.

>Rough Timeline:

+1 Week: You announce your intent to submit content, as well as what you plan to submit, and how many pages
+5 Weeks: All primary content submissions are due
+9 Weeks: The content submissions are compiled and edited. Book preparation is completed and sent to printer.
+11 Weeks: I receive the printed book and send it to the bear.
+3 Months: Book is received by the bear.

>Contact:

WhoIsYouMagazine*Gmail*Com

No.112

>Book Printing
What book printing service should be used and which options? For example, I looked at bookbaby.com as well as printingcenterusa.com

>Book Distribution

Should the book be digitally distributed when the project is completed or when the book is physically received by Beatani?

>High Level Submission Types

Blog Style Submission
Creative Writing Submission
Art Based Submission

>Additional and Filler Pages

Cover Page & Back Page
Filler Pages: Mock Advertisements (Lifestyle, Fashion) Meme
Table of Contents

>Submissions

Submission can be delivered in threads or on the Clover Yah but I would prefer that they are also sent by e-mail (anonymously is fine) just so I can keep a count and make sure nobody gets missed.
Similar to the birthday project, I am thinking it's okay to sign it however you like.

>Project Organization, Coordination, and Additional Support

I think we could really benefit from a dedicated editor and someone who is really strong with graphic design. But I appreciate and welcome help from anyone who wants to put in the time and effort. I imagine we will need to share files, notes, and information between each other, so for now let's try working together here.

No.113

File: 1628363648706.png (54.09 KB, 766x553, 1628357297811.png)

>>111
>Cover Page Artist
Not sure yet of course but I'd probably look to get new (in house) fan art. Alternative is that one could be commissioned but this has separate issues. We could possibly collect submissions and decide on one together. If we went this route, we could feature the other art throughout the magazine (by use of mock advertisements, or other methods).

>Software

Adobe InDesign and InCopy seem to be the standard.A quick search shows me the 2014 version is readily available. Does anyone have experience with this software?

>Page Size/Printing -> 8.5x11" / A4

I think this would be best. I haven't looked into printing options yet, but I would want full color, high DPI of course. Something that lasts and looks great in hand. I need to do more research on this, but so far I've seen picrelated and those look like as good of a starting point as any. When submitting for these quotes I picked "Art book" instead of "Magazine" options.

I want to talk about content ideas and examples, a rough timeline, and latex and page layouts. Specifically, latex and layouts seems to be coming up a lot already. I'm not sure what the best move is here, because (and this is my opinion) you want it to look cohesive and organized (having clear theme and direction) without necessarily looking too uniform or sterilized (sounds a bit boring maybe?) There already seemed to be a few replies about it.

No.114

Might be a big weeby but I'd look into Sun Group https://www.sungroup.co.jp/pc_sdgdb.htm
They are one of the bigger players in printing doujins, so the quality is definitely there. But it could be impractical without knowing Japanese or having someone local there.

No.115

I want to do a Beatani lover compilation submission. Good/bad?

No.116

>>114
I don't think I'd be able to do this on my own.
>>115
I don't really understand what you mean by that. What is a Beatani lover compilation?

No.117

>>116
That guy who always posts how he seriously loves beatani.

No.118

I have InDesign so I'll definitely start working on something in the future. I don't know about the content specifically but once I get some time I'll think more about it

No.119

I either want to submit a 1-2 page beatani x listener comic, or a drawing with a bit of writing on the same page i think tabun maybe

No.120

No.121

>>113
if I make it an A4 in pdf will it be ok?

No.123

>>121
Yes that should be fine. I'll update with another formal post later.

No.124

Is the 1 week the deadline for idea submissions, or is it ok to submit them later as long as we finish before 5 weeks? Is there a date these timeframes are referenced to?

No.125

>>124
No dates are finalized yet, but that was only an idea of the type of timeline we could be looking at. We are still in the pre-planning stage.
Once we move past that (hopefully within a few days at the most) I would be asking people to let us know what their ideas are. This will give us an idea about how long the book will be, make sure people aren't duplicating similar works, etc.
I am thinking one full month from people announcing their intention to submit and actually being able to submit is a fair amount of time, but that would also be up for discussion of course.

No.126

For the magazine, I will personally make sure it gets finished either way, but there are two directions it can go in.

First is with a larger group that will make this a more professional looking project (people working like dedicated editor or cleaning graphics up). Second is basically relying on me to compile and organize everyones submissions as they are received, decide on an optimal order and get them bound together.

If you think about it this way, it would be something like the difference between the Happy Birthday project, where we had an inexperienced dad simply compile everyones voices together. Versus, the Clover Club singing project, where there was an organizer and a separate editor expert. Either way, I am okay, but if I had a choice, it would be for more people to get involved beyond just submissions.

No.127

>>126
I will work on artwork and maybe minor writting/commentary. But if you need help with something related to design and there's no design anon then I can fill that spot tabun. It's not my field though. Will email.

No.128

I messaged you about the editor position and cover

No.129

>>127
>>128
Thank you for the messages, I really look forward to working together. >>128 has offered to help with the Cover page design as well as being an editor for the magazine AND assisting with printing needs. Additionally, he thinks he will be able to provide a service where we can provide a single run printing for anyone interested, and mail them from a webshop. If this happens, you will be able to get your own physical copy! Of course digital distribution will still be public and available for all to print yourself or just use at your computer.

No.130

>Publishing Lewds/Ecchi/R18 Content
The subject of R18 content has come up a few times, and I'm not sure what the best option is.

I am always hesitant to give my personal opinion here but I would prefer to not include fully explicit (R18) art. As a compromise, I would say that including ecchi style art is totally fine. But, I need to know what you all think. I just don't want to put myself in a position where I have to say someone's R18 is OK to publish, but someone else's isn't. I want to produce something positive, and not something offensive or something that can be labeled as smut.

No.131

Haven't gotten around to reading the thread but I want to do a pageful of coupons. I'm gonna need some suggestions though. So far I've got in mind
>7ko free uni
>1 free Risunapple
>1 free coupon request

No.132

>On revealing content publically, and on transparency of collaboration. Also a few notes about printing and distribution

I received a message about this subject and I already planned to address this topic anyway. There are three different levels of spoilers to this project as I see it.

>three levels of reveals

Ideas/Rough outline -> compilation of submissions -> final edited copy

>1. Anons submit their ideas for the magazine, and give an estimate of how many pages they want

This is to get an idea for magazine length, make sure no ideas are conflicting, etc. There is a number of reasons it's important, and I think maybe some ideas can even help to inspire other people. I think this level should be fully public and visible somewhere like here once it is completed. It is nothing more than a collection of ideas, and I'm sure Beatani is already aware of this project anyway. Again, multiple pages are OK and there was currently not a plan to hard limit it. Still, we need to have an idea of how many authors and how many pages so we can continue down the printing planning side of things.

No.133

>2. Personal submissions deadline.
I think that I have already said that I prefer submissions be emailed but that's more for tracking and organization at this point. If someone dropped of their submission in the thread, of course it would be accepted like anything else. However, there will be a time where people need to work by sharing files and other things, since this is not a one man job. To keep certain things away from Beatani involves using a space that she does not have access to. I will try to avoid using a space like this. Right now I can only be reached here, /yah/, or on the burner email. I'll do my best to balance transparency with what we need to get the job done. If it's one on one direct communication I don't mind it. I am just trying to be mindful of where we are. This is a large scale project, so please be patient.

No.134

>3. Final project completion
First the project is completed, then the books and printed, and then the books are mailed.
The digital release is most people will be receiving the final project. It will be fully available for digitally browsing or self printing. We are also looking into a one run printing for others if there is interest. Editor anon thinks he may be able to provide this service by use of an online store front. If we offer it, it will likely be a one time thing in a very short period (like two days.)
At some point a decision will have to be made for the project to be delivered digitally either upon completion of the project OR upon confirmed receipt of the book with Beatani.
Depending on the book printing time, you're looking at (let's say) a full month where ALL the work is complete but nothing may be released to the community, in order to preserve the remaining surprise. To be clear, if we went with this, it means the completed digital PDF is not released by us until the bear receives her physical copy.

No.135

>>134
I definitely want a physical one.

No.136

TO BE POSTED LATER

>Create a list of high and low level examples

>Discuss a separate section towards the rear for short personal messsges

No.138

>>111
>>123
I am going to make a joking page about cooking using the receipts from Bea's cooking stream
if it goes well I might include another page with some actual receipts

No.139

>Community Message Page(s)
We are considering to dedicate a few pages in the back to messages to Beatani, or to write a few sentences of whatever you want. There will be more details on this at a much later time.

>>130
>Explicit Content
Based on feedback, at this point we would be looking to prohibit any R18 submissions. For example, no nudity or sex. But suggestive/ecchi content is fine.

No.140

>Individual Content and Other Submissions
Content should be Beatani themed OR designed to appeal to Beatani

>What is Beatani Themed?

Content about or involving Beatani and her extended universe, lore, and/or extended family.

>What is appealing content?

Content that is designed to catch Beatani's interests. This is a very loose scope, but think about it in terms of if you think Bea would want to read it. For example, touring abandoned buildings near where you live could qualify under this guideline.

No.141

>Expanded List of Content Suggestions and Examples
You are not limited to just one.

>High level suggestions

>Text based submission

Example: Write a story

>Image based submission

Example: Photos with captions, comics, art

>Combination of images and text

Example: Blogpost, Recipe, How to guide

>Filler Page Submissions

Mock Advertisement (Fashion, technology etc ad.)
Can use Beatani fanart and/or meme to fill some pages if properly formatted

>Other Submissions

Games like a word search or a crossword,
Activity pages like connect the dots or coloring book art

No.142

So far I have heard from people who want to submit all types of works, from stories all the way to full comics. It is very exciting. If anyone is having trouble thinking of an idea for themselves, please post and let us know. I'd be happy to try to help if anyone has a creative block.

No.144

>>139
Does the R18 restriction only apply to art?
So for example, would smut be ok to submit as creative writting?

No.145

>>144
Really good question. Before I post more about it, can you elaborate a bit more on what you had in mind? For example, even in your case I think I would want to draw the line somewhere. I'm just not sure where that line would be.

No.147

>>145
Well, I have a couple ideas but haven't written anything yet.
But for the sake of example let me steal something from the writing general at /vt/

>She was leaking cum all over the floor, and it was soaking into her shirt. In hindsight, maybe this was smarter than doing it in bed. The sheets would be drenched. She lied on the floor, body spent and heaving for breath as Ember licked himself clean.

That's more or less the level I was thinking

No.148

I think it would be useful to make a pastebin or spreadsheet of all the existing submission requests. That way other dads have a good idea of what's currently being worked on.

No.149

>>148
It is similar to what I had in mind as well. I am finalizing some of the details for this first part. I will give this information by Tuesday (probably by Monday.)

No.150

>>111
I'll be working on a mock advertisement.

No.151

>>144
>>145
>>147
>r18 graphic creative writing cross discussion is up right now
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vt/thread/7944216/#7956772

No.152

>>151
It's easier to just put the full ban on smut. If anyone needs clarification on if something is or is not appropriate for the magazine just ask in the thread anytime. But I hope it doesn't cause too much confusion. To be clear, it makes >>147 a no go for the magazine in its current form. Sorry about that.

No.153

What is the stance on trademarked brands? I would like to do a review/article about a product she uses and a drawing of her using it, maybe 1-2 pages? Should I make a spoof version?

No.154

>>153
Trademarked stuff should be totally fine. Let me triple check with editor anon. But this is a non commercial project.

No.155

>>vt/7996595

>rough idea 1

A simple anonymous Google sheet that anyone can edit. This way someone can track their progress and change their descriptions as needed. It would also mean everyone's ideas are public by default. Any conflicting ideas are highlighted and must be addressed by the anons in the file.

>idea 2

All ideas are submitted by email. The list is not public by default (but I can make a public list if requested). I manually notify anyone with conflicting ideas and sort it out between the parties.

>other notes on contacts

I like having an email contact as it helps keep things organized in such a large scale project. This was me turned earlier when I said I preferred all submissions be mailed regardless of sharing them in the thread. If we go the second option, by default I will have a way to contact any anon who is falling behind. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

>approved and banned content

Approved content is content that is about Beatani and her extended family OR content that is designed to appeal to Beatani.

Unapproved content is r18 images and graphic writing. This will not be a smut magazine. If you can't figure out if your submission is okay or not, feel free to ask. Suggestive and ecchi content is okay.

No.156

>>155
I like the idea of a google sheet to keep track of things and have a better scope of the works.

No.157

>>155
Both. I'd use the thread/email to submit.

No.158

>>157
this is totally ok! I asked for email submissions to make my job more organized, but sharing your work on the threads pre publication is absolutely allowed. to be clear, if someone only submitted on the thread that is also ok, its just not preferred.

No.159

>>155
Seconding the idea of a google sheet. The history function should keep griefers at bay hopefully.

No.160

>>159
yeah that function is helpful so i'm not too worried about it. I'm going to go with that then. I'll look to have something opened ASAP.

No.161

File: 1629205943332.png (34.86 KB, 1010x699, legend.png)

>Crosspost >>/vt/8062559

>Magazine Project OFFICIAL START!

The initial planning phase is over, and now it's time for the submission survey. Please aim to have this completed within the next seven days. If more time is needed, please let me know. Before we wrap this portion up, we will be providing more details on the submission specifics itself (page dimensions, etc). I will be around all day for any questions, comments, or concerns. I am excited to see this get filled in.

>Due date for submission survey

23:59 JST, Tuesday August 24th
This is in 7 days, 2 hours, and some change.

>Submission survey link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Fn0pFeeX7zO4ys3BEmGR9C4vgAyy32wouD_XiImeB4/edit?usp=sharing

When filling out the submission survey, please refer to the examples already filled in and/or use the legend on the right hand side. One row per submission. Take how ever many rows you need, starting at the next blank row.

No.162

>>161
>Draft Size
>Posted by organizer on behalf of editor
>From editor anon (posted by organizer anon)
>The single pages are going to be 8.75" x 11.25" with extra ".125 on all sides accounting for bleeds. 300DPI. A two page spread would be 17.5" x 11.25". I will provide the exact pixel measurements later.

No.167

>>161
Nice looks like there are a ton of good submissions. Is there a page limit? I'll hurry and put mine in there if it gets full.

No.168

>>167
there is no hard page limit right now, so you can take your time if you need it. feel free to claim a row and edit it later as well.

No.170

For those who are already ready to get started:

>Page Template

https://files.catbox.moe/1ui9o6.rar

>Guidelines

1. Please make sure your color space is set to CMYK GRACoL 2006. If you do not have this particular profile, any other variation of CMYK will do, but the colors may be slightly off. If you are using Clip Studio Paint, you will have to set your Preview Settings to CMYK, though this will not save your document as a CMYK image.

2. If possible, please send in your submission as a PSD or CLIP file. Otherwise, save your image as a PNG image.

3. Please extend your submission to the very edge of the document, that is, you must have your submission extend INTO the BLUE border.

4. Note that any elements that are OUTSIDE of the RED dotted-line will be cut off during printing, so keep any important elements such as text or signatures WITHIN the BLUE border. Although that area will be cut off, you still must draw to the very edge of the document to account for any slight variations in the cutting of the book. The blue border is there to indicate the margin of variation that the page may be cut at.

5. This template is formatted to be 2x the size of the actual size of the page in order to print for best results. So be mindful of your brush size and useage of thin-lines when creating your submission. I suggest not using anything less than 10px if you're not modifying the document (feel free to enlarge it to a bigger size if needed, but please do not size down the document or your submission may have to be rejected).

No.171

>Text only based submission
For a text only based submission, just the writing is OK

No.172

What about kritabros? Just png?

No.173

>>172
You can export as a PSD in Krita. Just make sure to flatten your text and vector layers if you're going to use them. Please submit both a PNG and PSD if you're making your submission in Krita.

https://docs.krita.org/en/general_concepts/file_formats/file_psd.html

No.174

Three days left for the initial deadline and we are at 20 submission so far. Very good look so far. If anyone has any questions, let me know. I know I still have to come back with answers on styles geared towards combination pages especially.

No.175

>Initial sign up survey complete
We have gained ~32 submissions to fill just over 50 pages. Sugoi! Thank you to everyone who signed up so far. Details for the next phase of the project will follow shortly, but a few days may be required to put everything together. I will give an update as soon as I have it.

>Google Form / Late Signups

I have backed up a copy of the initial signup sheet. If someone wants to add a late submission, please let me know. The initial signup sheet will stay open and editable. Please feel free to use it to update any relevant information that is required.

If you wanted to submit, but have not signed up, let me know why you are on the fence and maybe I can help. I'll be around for the rest of the day for any additional questions.

No.176

>Crossposted from >>8549177

>Last minute project ideas

For any dads who didn't sign up yet, I'll do what I can to see if I can help get your creativity stirring on this thread. This thread being the one that was up during the initial deadline. As I said before, if someone wants to fill it in late (especially during this thread) it's totally OK.

>Travel/Photo blog

I was hoping for more of these. One of the Japan dads is going to take some pictures of Tokyo and possibly overlay Beatani on some of the images. Do any other dads want to do a photography based submission? You could take some local photos. Hobodad hiding spots? Oil balon travel blog? Risuna's favorite regional foods?

>Games page

How about a page with a crossword and a wordsearch on it, each taking half the page? For a crossword, you could think of some funny or interesting clues. I think it could make a great page for anyone who is a bit witty with words.

>Advertisement pages

Not many people signed up to do mock advertisements. I reserved one row for one myself, but maybe some more people can prepare various magazine advertisements to fill up some extra pages and give it a more magazine like feeling.

No.177

>Update
Busy week, but we are looking to get the next set of details ironed out this weekend. That would include things such as the due dates for submissions, answers to some style related questions, etc. Currently we are looking towards the end of September for submissions completion cutoff.

No.178

Zoo anon, we are still looking to find out more info about the 10 pages you originally requested in the spreadsheet. Please can you reply here or send me an email? Thank you

No.179

Zoo anon issue is sorted out, thanks for reaching out. Zoo anon will be doing 2 pages for his submission.
We are still looking to get out any relevant details necessary for submission completion by Sunday. If there are any questions in the meantime, please let me know.

No.180

>Who Is (You) Physical Magazine Phase 2 START
>Dedicated Thread
https://clover.club/forum/yah/res/111.html
>Project Submissions Full List
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Fn0pFeeX7zO4ys3BEmGR9C4vgAyy32wouD_XiImeB4/edit?usp=sharing
>Project Template and Readme
https://files.catbox.moe/1ui9o6.rar
>Submission Deadline
Thur, Sept 30 @ 23:59 JST
>Submission Dropbox/Questions/Contact
>If you want your submission to remain private until publication
Send the required information by to WhoIsYouMagazine*Gmail*Com
>If you want your submission to be visible immediately
Paste your catbox links into the spreadsheet when you are done. I made a new column (column "J") for catbox links.
>Text based submissions
Only two people are submitting text based submissions. Please submit plain text along with any formatting requests or leave an example of how you would like your submission to be formatted.
>Image based submissions
Please provide submission using the template file. Additionally, please include raw image and PNG files in case any layout modifications (or otherwise) are necessary.
>Combination based submission
Please provide submission using the template file. Additionally, please include raw image and PNG files in case any layout modifications (or otherwise) are necessary along with the plain text. For combination based submissions, please also include assets such as custom fonts or anything else used along with your submission.

No.181

>>180
>Submission Dropbox
I prefer to receive by e-mail unless you have some strong desire otherwise

No.182

>Should I submit publically or privately
I prefer submissions to be kept private until publication in order to keep up the "surprise" as much as possible, so I prefer the e-mail option. The spreadsheet option was provided as an alternative due to feedback received. In the end, it's up to you how much or how little you reveal pre-publication. Some people may even want feedback or assistance from others, which is totally fine of course.

No.185

>>112
>Front and back cover
The front and back cover will be a two page spread from the same dad.

No.194

Will you accept a word document.

No.195

>>194
Are you submitting a text only submission? A Word document is totally fine.
If you have any formatting requests please include it within the document or e-mail.
If you don't have any requests, you can trust the editor to do a good job, so you don't need to worry about it.

No.196

>>195
Word + Photos

No.197

>>196
Are you having difficulty converting with the template? Or do you want us to lay it out for you?

No.198

>>197
I just figured a word document would be easier to edit for whatever reason than a photoshop file of text boxes and pictures.

No.199

>>198
It may be easiest for you to prepare the file however you are comfortable, and to convert towards the end. I'm not the editor though so I can't speak to the technical side of jt. But, we will still take both (text document plus document in template form).

No.200

AAaAAaAAAA I haven't been doing my reps at all. Pain.

No.201

Ganbare, dad! I've received two submissions so far. Thank you both

No.202

Ganbare, dad! I've received two submissions so far. Keep it up

No.203

>>202
Exciting. Maybe unreasonable but it would be cool to see on the spreadsheets which submissions are done and we can watch them get finished.

No.205

>>203
I think we shouldn't see other anons finished works until the magazine is released. It's a better surprise that way.

No.207

>>205
I don't mean see the work itself, but just see the progress we have made and which ones are completed

No.208

Haikyo dude here, is 6 pages too much?

No.209

hello?

No.210

>>209
Sorry I closed the tab here by accident but I think we spoke on /yah/ and you're gonna send me an email.

No.211

>>210
Yah, just sent it

No.214

Crosspost >>10524724

>Magazine Assistance

If anyone has time over the next 5 days or so to help with a miscellaneous request, please shoot me an e-mail. Right now there is something I could use help with. For this specific request, strong English/writing background is required. Separately, I don't know how much other assistance will be needed, but if you want to help out during the next month, shoot me an e-mail with your availability and skillset (writefag, drawfag, etc). Or, I will just ask as the need for help comes up. I'd rather have too many volunteers than too few.

No.215

>>214
Someone is working on it now, thank you!

No.216

I just sent my page over email. Could you update the "Submission Received Y/N" column on the Google Sheet so I know you received it?

No.217

I sent mine just now. Letting you know here since I don't know if Google might filter my burner as spam.

No.218

just sent mine

No.220

A few emails got caught in spam and I just replied to them. If you don't have a reply from me, let me know. But I won't have time to do my spreadsheet reps until Friday/Saturday.

No.221

sent mine.

No.222

Haven't checked this thread since announcing intent and I don't have time to speedrun it but I'm gonna need a 54 hour extension buffer, though I should be done tomorrow.

No.223

>>222
OK, what is your submission orpseudonym? I will mark it down. So, October 2nd you will submit? send me an email if anything

No.225

>>223
coupons

No.226

>>222
>>223
>>225
Submitted. Everything is saved as PSD.

No.227

>Crosspost
>>10766470

>HIGHEST PRIORITY MAGAZINE UPDATE

I have finished cross referencing the original list against my email box. The following pseudonyms have NOT sent me an email with a submission or request for extension. Please contact me ASAP.

Egg Anon
Investigator Anon
Muscle Anon
Ultra Nu Anon

No.228

I think I meant Comics anon instead of Ultra Nu Anon

No.229

File: 1633236468133.png (50.79 KB, 566x842, CrossReference.png)

>Formal Magazine Update
>Crossposted from >>10772253

If you are a participant, please read this in its entirety. It will be crossposted to the dedicated thread. As I prepare to hand off work to the editor, here is where we stand today. I have completed my spreadsheet reps. I am no longer using the public spreadsheet and it has been locked to prevent confusion. I have uploaded all received submissions to a Google Drive to share with Editor chama. As of this posting, I have replied to every email that has been sent to me. If you don't have a reply, let me know

>Cross Referencing Verification

Please check picrelated that your psudeonym matches my description of your content.
>What happens over the next month
Editor does his editing stuff. I support him, and let anons know if we need additional assistance. For example, I had the writedad request from last week, and I've asked someone else if he was interested in drawing a small doodle for another submitter. If editor needs additional assets, or support from any submitters after checking your page, one of us will be in touch.

No.230

>>229
>Release Target Goal

Beatani has it in her hands before Christmas. Once Beatani receives it, we will distribute the digital version. It's the goal, not a promise. There's a ton of work that still needs to be done. Editor and I are in agreement that we want to deliver a high quality product, so we will not sacrifice to meet an arbitrary deadline. Please understand that both of us are busy with full time jobs, and we are dedicating our free time to this. I will continue to provide regular updates as they are appropriate, but I am always around if you need me.

>Physical Copies For Others

More information to come later for those who want to obtain a physical copy. The goal here is to make this possible for everyone at the cost of printing+shipping. There would only be a small (maybe 2 day window) to purchase. I don't want to get ahead of myself. But, for dads who have submitted to the magazine, cannot afford it, and would really appreciate the physical copy, I will see if we can work with you to cover the costs.

No.231

>>230
>Submissions by the numbers

Of the 32 Submissions, 21 have been received as of this posting. An additional 5 should be received within the week. I am in contact with 2 anons who may not be able to complete. 4 anons have not been in contact at all >>10766395 . They are Egg, Investigator, Muscle, and Comic (or possibly Ultra Nu) anon. These last two groups are considered "at risk" and all extensions are being handled on a case-by-case basis.

>Length and Size of the magazine

The 21 submissions received take up 3.11gb of HDD space, uncompressed. These 21 submissions received fill 38 pages. The 5 extended submissions will take up an additional ~15 pages. The 6 submissions at risk will take up anywhere from an additional ~0-12 pages. This excludes any additional pages not directly related to anon submissions, such as table of contents, custom front and rear cover art, comments sections, etc.

No.232

>>231
>Magazine Credits Needed

The following Psudeonyms should let me know how to credit them in the magazine. Please send me an e-mail. It's my mistake for not mentioning it earlier. If you do not get back to me, I will be writing to you at the email you submitted from:

4 Koma, Artwork, Dr Anon, Haikyo Anon, Lazy Anon, Lewd Anon, Lily Anon, Lipovitan Anon, Literature Anon, Music Anon, Risuna Enjoyer Anon, Scarlet Anon, Thumbnail Anon, Timeline Anon, Writing Thread Anon, Zoo Anon

Additionally, all six "at risk" submitters need to let me know how to credit them, if they complete.

No.233

>>232

>Rear Comments/Doodles Section

Editor is putting together a template for people to submit a small blurb towards the back of the magazine. We should be able to publish within maybe two days or so. You should be able to put in text / small image / combination. Think along the lines of the birthday card project, I guess. Deadline for this will be around October 16.

>For Comic/Ultra Nu Anon, Dangerous Anon, Timeline Anon ("no"), & Beatani Lover only

I wrote you all emails. Specifically, to the anon who submitted me 4 pages of 4 komas (COMICS.rar), please write me an email confirming if you are Ultra Nu Anon (or let me know the correct psudeonym), and, like it says above, let me know how you want to be credited.

No.235

>Crosspost >>10790695

My thought is to have the credits at the very end, not on the table of contents, and just have everyone listed in alphabetical order, with their submission title or pg # in brackets besides their name. Order of appearance can work too actually.

No.238

>>230
>Physical Copies For Others
What kind of price range are we looking at here?

No.241

File: 1633683196473.jpg (53.17 KB, 390x305, Screenshot_20211008-174910….jpg)

>Magazine Update
>Japan Anon
Japan Anon is being removed from the magazine. I really tried my best to save this one, even offering to complete it for him personally. But he refused to even send me what he had worked on so far. Really I'm sorry about this; it's the first submission I will be removing from the magazine.
>Muscle, Investigator
This post is your last chance as well, I guess. I'm not going to wait for people who do not have an intent on completing. It's been a week, so I think it's fair. 2359 tonight JST to get back to me.
>Egg Anon
I've asked you to email me days ago and you haven't. Thanks for replying on the thread, but please let me know what you want to do. Granted, your situation is kind of shitty. I'll give you a few days to send this email and provide update. Or update in thread.
>comic Anon
>lazydangerous Anon
Wrote you an email. your submissions are fine, just please write me back when you can.
>comments template
I still owe this to you all. My apologies, please sit tight. It's coming

No.242

>>238
I believe shipping can be anywhere from $5 to $25 and the cost of the books would be around $15-$20 in USD. Please don't quote me on the book price, but I will share more information if it is received.

No.244

>Crossposted >>11276027

>Comment Templates

https://files.catbox.moe/097f35.rar

Please leave whatever message or doodle for Beatani that you like. Text or image will work. You will follow the guidelines on picrelated. I would like to receive these back no later than two weeks from now (Oct 25 - Oct 26), but the sooner the better. Please mail your submissions to WhoIsYouMagazine*Gmail and make sure you get an email reply from me to confirm receipt. Thank You!

No.245

magazine anon I sent you an email about edits

No.246

>>245
You should have a reply from me

No.247

File: 1634229769948.png (40.71 KB, 586x635, 1634229630900.png)

I had announced my plans to share this image one more time once I thought it was essentially finalized, so here it is. Right now I am looking at 62 pages of submissions. Plus whatever else we fit in such as comments, etc. We are looking at a really nice size magazine. I'm hyped! I'll crosspost this picture to the Clover.

No.250

>>244
>personal message that will be written on the rear pages of the book, sort of like an autograph section with little messages to the reader
Similar to the Birthday card? Any examples?
And does the whole width have to be used?

No.251

>>241
Egg Anon here
everything is fucked sadly, thank (You) based organizer anon for your hard work I wish I could contribute
well… next time for sure!

I've read in a thread that you are collecting shot msgs for Bea to be posted at the end of the magazine, I would like to join in if there still is time

No.252

>>250
I'd recommend to use the whole width but if you can't, I can work with the editor.
>>251
You still have time to submit a template for comments. The due date is Oct 26, 2359 JST.

No.253

>>250
Similar to the birthday card is pretty much correct. You can write whatever you want/ make a doodle/ etc. And you can sign it however you like, or not at all.

No.254

>>252
thanks I will do that

No.258

ok gonna start my comments reps now maybe

No.259

File: 1635270989811.png (5.55 KB, 164x488, comments.png)

>Comment Template Deadline
If you do not see your name on this list and/or have not received a reply from me, please contact me ASAP. Thank You to all who submitted.

No.260

>>259
+Hernan
+Coupon

No.263

>>12374555 Crosspost
>Submission Status
As of this message, all comments and page submissions are complete. If there is any additional volunteer work to be done, I will be sure to let everyone know.

>What was done in October

October was primarily for preliminary edits, quality checks, and organization. I can gladly say that as of a few days ago, we are in a great spot here. Every late entry and this kind of thing is now accounted for, etc. Additionally, there were a handful of articles that were edited for quality, we had empty spaces removed, we had dad art added to text only submissions, etc (picrelated small teaser).

>What's next

Well, to be honest, my work as organizer is mostly complete. I'm sure there will be some various tasks for me to take care of here and there (including some distribution work in December,) and I will be here to support the whole time, of course. However, I expect the editor dad to be taking up the majority of the reins over the next week or so. He expects to finish his editing work before November comes to an end. That gives us December to make sure we can have it printed and mailed to Bea to meet her deadline and make sure all the distribution goes smoothly.

As always, I'm around to answer any questions. And I'm fucking hyped!

No.267

>Magazine

There's really no easy way to say this, so let's get right to it. It's a bit of a long post and I hated typing it. Let me say in advance I do not want to cause any drama and I will continue to try to avoid troublesome topics as much as possible. But it is my responsibility to provide clarity and answer any questions as best as I can. I've been prepared for any type of contingency since the start, and this is just one of them.

Unfortunately, the editor cannot be relied on to complete the project within the timeframe. Honestly, at this point I'm not sure he can be relied on at all. There was a period of a few days when no work got done on the magazine. I really don't want to point fingers, we just have different priorities. My priority is to deliver to you the project that we agreed on in a reasonable amount of time. I've done everything I can to remedy this situation before it came to this, but at this point I think we need to cut our losses and move on.

No.268

>What actually changes is mostly in regards to physical printing for dads, but here is the full list

>Editing

There are three amateur dads now doing the work that was supposed to go to the editor. I'm one of them. We've kind of already cut the original editor out of the picture. I don't really feel bad about this, since the only actual work he has put in has been for the blank template files that were provided to you. Later, I will have to disable his access to Google Drive on my account. The past month has been spent on editing of individual submissions, and the quality of the pages overall is very high. I think original editor could have probably delivered slightly more polish overall, but it should not be an issue. We are dedicated to bring you a high quality magazine, nothing in this regards changes.

No.269

>Cover page and rear page art

When the editor signed up to be the editor, he also asked to do the front and the rear cover art. He has not started working on anything, so we will replace him with Scarlet anon's artwork. Scarlet originally intended for the artwork to be a two page spread for the cover, but editor had already signed up. The original image does not have text on it, so it will need to be adapted with text overlay. We're working on it. It's very high quality and I have no concern here.

>Credits

As I didn't intend to put my name down as organizer anyway in the first place, organizer and editors will be anonymous in print (I had previously said I expected editor to print his name).

No.270

>Printing

This one is the big one to me honestly. Editor had offered to us essentially printing services. I cannot offer this to you. Printing a proof copy for Bea is no problem at all. Basically every site offers this option. To be clear and just to reiterate, Bea still gets her physical copy no matter what. That was the point of the project in the first place so of course it was researched in advance. At this point we are only talking about other anons in /yah/.

There is an alternate solution where I print 25 copies, get paid on PayPal, and mail them out manually. But, I see this as possibly causing more trouble than it's worth. I can't print less than 25 copies on top of proof copies (at least on all the sites I checked), and it would involve a certain level of trust with information. So, we would need both demand and trust. Additionally, the copies would not be cheap (~$20 + $5 domestic/$25 international shipping). I will need to gather feedback on this one, and possibly make a poll after gathering the feedback and giving you all time to think about this.

Printing physical copies for dads was not part of my original plan, since I just didn't think it would be worth it. It was part of the original editor's plan and was not brought up until after we had already kicked off. Not offering printing to anyone except Bea will make this easier on me and avoid potential issues, but I know it will make some people unhappy. Of course individual dads would be able to take the provided file and to get their own copy printed however they like. Please take the time to give any feedback or ask any questions that you may have, especially in relation to printing.

No.271

>>267
>>268
>>269
>>270

>Crossposted from >>13024304

No.273

>>13265006
This is a mini update to >>13024304 and I will crosspost it when completed. We are continuing along on schedule and will be completed by Nov 30th at the latest. To be honest, we are even trying to finish a few days early, and I think we will be able to. Every day counts during the holiday season after all.

I was asked recently about the poll regarding physical distribution for other dads. Let me remind everyone that this does not affect physical distribution for Beatani, nor does it affect digital distribution at all. Everyone will receive a pdf copy of the magazine for browsing (and printing themselves). I will also make sure raw assets are distributed (artworks, etc).

I'll repost this again one more time tomorrow, to pick up everyone that I can. Remember, the minimum copies (other than proof copies) from every single site I can find, is 25. With that in mind, the answer I'm most paying attention to is >Definite buy.

This poll is set up to allow multiple options, so make sure to click all that apply. If there are any questions, let me know.

http://poal.me/qlo1g4

No.274

>Crosspost >>13323908

>>13303057 (Cross-thread)

>Magazine
Last update on the printing for others. I tried to set up the poll as fairly as possible, and give everyone time to reply. In addition to not having the demand needed to fill an actual printing run of 25, just as many people have privacy considerations. It seems the thing that is of greatest importance to most people is Bea getting her copy, and being able to have their own digital copy. These are both not affected by the recent changes. I'm genuinely sorry to the people who wanted to get a physical copy from us. I certainly never intended for things to end up this way.

In the meantime, we will finish up the magazine and have it distributed as soon as possible. I hope you can all look forward to it! I'll post another update as we finish up.

No.280

File: 1638113301641.png (33.65 KB, 834x1002, bookconfirmation.png)

>Magazine
>Printing Confirmation Update
>to be crossposted to dedicated thread

As of this morning, we have placed orders with two separate services for the magazines. There were a few separate reasons that I am using two services. In the case of both services, they expect to deliver to me no later than December 8th. I would ideally have both versions in hand before sending to Bea. When I spoke to her on e-mail, she said it would be nice to have two copies anyway. We are in the home stretch now.

Please look forward to the remaining updates.
>Organizer Receives Physical Magazine
>Organizer Mails Zine to Japan
>Organizer Confirms Delivery of Zine in Japan/Bea Confirms Receipt
>Full Digital Distribution of PDF and Magazine Assets

Team made an interesting discovery yesterday, but it's hard to hint at without saying too much. We may be able to provide some good news to everyone in December. So, I hope you can look forward to that as well (or, that we can quietly let you down and hope that nobody notices!)

Lastly I'd just like to say one thing, if you'll humor me. Please direct any feelings you have of gratitude today towards the two dads who did the final lifting with editing. While I provided feedback throughout the entire process, the actual work done over the past three weeks was mostly by their dedicated hands. Literally 98% of it. I won't dwell on the negatives, but for a brief time it became a bit of an urgent situation. So lets be sure to show our sincere gratitude and appreciation to them for stepping up when it was truly needed. And let me say it myself as well in front of everyone else from me to you, thank you editor dads.

No.281

>>280
>>13737242

No.282

>>280
I might be interested in printing a batch of these mags and distributing them. Since you've already worked with the publisher and came up with proofs, can you give me the information and stuff?

[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] [Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
home / posts / live / yah